I opted for a super easy, super quick desert. Who doesn’t love desert? Especially if it is hot out of the oven and not too bad for you?
Enter, baked pears.
- 2 pears, halved and cored.
- 2 Tbs butter
- 2 Tbs brown sugar
- 1 Tbs regular sugar
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- dash nutmeg
- Take a couple of pears. Cut them in half and core them. You can peel them if you’d like. I was too lazy too. Place them on a baking sheet. Line with foil if you don’t like scrubbing dishes.
- Sprinkle with some lemon juice to keep from browning.
- Throw a bit of butter in the hollow of each one.
- Mix brown sugar, regular sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg and sprinkle over tops of pears
- Put a bit of preserves in the hollow of each. I used pear butter because I had it on hand, but you could use strawberry, marmalade, whatever sounds good!
- Bake in 350 degree oven for about 20 minutes or until tender.
- Serve warm or cold.
These were super yummy! We just ate them as is, but they would be great with ice cream when warm, or if you cool them, with a dollop of whipped cream. So yummy!