Unknowingly, I was in a Mexican kind of mood when shopping at the grocery store yesterday, and managed to buy all the ingredients for tonight’s dinner without even knowing it! This was super easy, pretty cheap, and good for you…well, the spinach is good for you.
- 2 Tbs butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 medium sized onion, minced
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1/2 to 1 bunch fresh spinach, washed, stems off and chopped
- 2 cups shredded colby jack
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 4 oz. cream cheese
- 10 flour tortillas
- 1 jar ortega mild taco sauce, 16 oz. (or whatever brand you like)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Melt butter in a medium sauce pan. Add in garlic, onion, salt and pepper until cooked, but not brown.
- Add spinach, stirring and then cook until wilted, but not over cooked.
- Add in 1 cup of the colby jack, sour cream and cream cheese and mix until well blended.
- Place a large spoonful of spinach filling on a tortilla and loosely wrap and place in a 9×13″ baking dish, seam side down. Repeat with remaining tortillas.
- Cover tortillas with bottle of taco sauce and top with remaining cup of colby jack
- Bake in pre-heated oven for 20 minutes or until sauce is bubbling
I like to add a dollop of sour cream on top and I’d imagine a margarita would go quite nicely if you so chose.